This report presents detailed descriptions of five guidelines for schools and districts to consider as they draw upon interactive mobile technologies to promote students’ mathematical thinking. The authors provide a list of related resources to deepen understanding of each guideline.
Six EDC researchers and 29 educators, researchers, and technology specialists worked together to identify the following five guidelines:
- Take advantage of the affordances of interactive mobile technologies to support conceptual learning.
- Keep learning at the forefront.
- Create a classroom culture of exploration and sharing.
- Provide teachers with supports to use new tools and to transform instruction.
- Establish organizational arrangements to support effective use of technology.