The term artificial intelligence, or AI, has been around since the 1950s. Yet, it took many decades before computational power was strong enough to support computers’ ability to learn and solve problems. Today, however, computers have the capacity to store and learn from big data far quicker than humans. The challenge now is to build the capabilities of our workforce to understand, design, and implement AI and to communicate the results.
EDC worked with Samsung’s Innovation Campus to bring their online AI course to the United States. Students who enrolled in the 10-module course learned data science tools and applications, mathematical algorithms, AI modeling, and machine learning tools. They also built practical experience in AI theory, design, and implementation, as well as learned how to communicate results. Upon completion, students received an industry-recognized Samsung AI course certificate and a digital badge.
The project carried out the following activities:
- Designed and launched a website to provide information about Samsung Innovation Campus and AI course access
- Created and developed the AI online course in a learning management system
- Recruited students for the course
- In November 2022, EDC hosted, facilitated, and evaluated the AI course to inform both the content of the course and the development of future Samsung courses
- This project brought a successful AI course to U.S. students, preparing them to enter the rapidly emerging AI field.