Re: More Newbie responses...

From: Ron Stoloff (rstoloff@PHILA.K12.PA.US)
Date: Sun Jan 03 1904 - 23:47:54 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: Ron Stoloff <rstoloff@PHILA.K12.PA.US>
    Subject: Re: More Newbie responses...

    What I remember of the lunch at the LOC was the lunch!

    What I thought was the salad was *the* lunch!

    I guess I was spoiled by the heavy menus during the *rest* of the week!

    >I have to agree that the town meeting with Dr. Billington was extremely
    >rewarding. We definitely felt like we had his ear and that he was
    >interested in our feedback. On the same note, the lunch in the special
    >meeting/dining room in the Jefferson Building was also a highlight. I would
    >encourage the participants to contact their congressmen/women and Senators
    >before they go to Washington to encourage a meeting with them, either at
    >the luncheon or at another convenient time. When will the opportunity
    >present itself again when they can put in a plug for education and for the
    >LOC?
    >
    >Meeting the outstanding teachers from across the nation was also rewarding.
    >Spend as much time as possible networking with these other educators so
    >that faces and names stick for the email exchanges post-seminar. The
    >webpage with the team pictures and names is a godsend! And the team of
    >outstanding educators will be a resource for many years to come. Have a
    >great week!
    >
    >Best...
    >Mary Ritter

    >>-----------------------
    >>Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    >>Poster: Leni Donlan <donlan@INTERNET-CATALYST.ORG>
    >>Subject: More Newbie responses...
    >>-
    >>
    >>YOU GUYS ARE TERRIFIC! This graffiti board will be such a wonderful
    >>introduction to "The Fellowship" for our newest members!
    >>
    >>Thanks to ALL who have responded...and if you haven't done so
    >>YET...please do!
    >>
    >>Best...
    >>
    >>Leni

    Ron Stoloff

    If the gods had intended Man to fly, they wouldn't have given us railroads.

    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    { Check out these web sites: }
    { }
    { New! }
    { Edison/Fareira's New Oral History Web site: }
    { http://members.xoom.com/b_stoloff/oral }
    ( [NO WWW] }
    { }
    { In the Library of Congress, see: }
    { Immigration/Migration - under construction! }
    { http://learning.loc.gov:8081/ammem/ndlpedu/lesson98/migrate/home.html }
    { Need a place to get help with your computer? }
    { See this Computer Club Web Site: }
    { http://www.pacsnet.org/index.shtml }