Re: More Newbie responses...

From: The Ritters (jmritter@CALWEB.COM)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 22:11:26 EDT

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: The Ritters <jmritter@CALWEB.COM>
    Subject: Re: More Newbie responses...

    I have to agree that the town meeting with Dr. Billington was extremely
    rewarding. We definitely felt like we had his ear and that he was
    interested in our feedback. On the same note, the lunch in the special
    meeting/dining room in the Jefferson Building was also a highlight. I would
    encourage the participants to contact their congressmen/women and Senators
    before they go to Washington to encourage a meeting with them, either at
    the luncheon or at another convenient time. When will the opportunity
    present itself again when they can put in a plug for education and for the
    LOC?

    Meeting the outstanding teachers from across the nation was also rewarding.
    Spend as much time as possible networking with these other educators so
    that faces and names stick for the email exchanges post-seminar. The
    webpage with the team pictures and names is a godsend! And the team of
    outstanding educators will be a resource for many years to come. Have a
    great week!

    Best...
    Mary Ritter