Re: More Newbie responses...

From: gailhd (gailhd@JPS.NET)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 09:00:41 EDT

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: gailhd <gailhd@JPS.NET>
    Subject: Re: More Newbie responses...

    Some thoughts for the "newbies":

    If I could do it again,,,
    I would schedule more time before or after the Institute to explore Washington.
    I'm still savoring every memory of my walks around the city.

    1. Tales from the Institute..
    If you're a morning person (I am), enjoy this unique opportunity to hang around
    with the night folks. Some of my favorite Institute memories stem from the
    collegiality and humor shared with other Fellows well after the dinner hour.

    You will not go hungry!

    3. Wishes for success...
    Take advantage of the incredible talent pool the AMF experience offers. There was
    not a minute during the week that I was not learning and benefiting from the
    experience of my fellow colleagues, group leaders, and technical support folks.

    I will look forward to seeing your finished products. Best wishes, Gail Desler