Looking for help with some songs

From: Patricia Solfest (psolfest@ALTOONA.K12.WI.US)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 15:43:37 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: Patricia Solfest <psolfest@ALTOONA.K12.WI.US>
    Subject: Looking for help with some songs

    Season's greetings everyone. Is is very cold here in Wisconsin (-20 wind
    chill at night,) so it is great to get news from warmer climes. Kim and I
    are working on our lesson and would like to request some help. Part of our
    lesson deals with music associated with particular natural events. We are
    wondering if there are songs which were associated with either the 1989 San
    Francisco earthquake or the 1980 Mt. St. Helen's eruption. We are also
    looking for a song from Hawaii about volcanoes or Pele. The words to a
    traditional chant would be fine. (Any suggestions, Claire?) If anyone from
    these areas can help us, we would appreciate it. Thanks,
    Pat