Re: Looking for help with some songs

From: Culclasure, Scott (culclas@GUILFORD.K12.NC.US)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 16:06:01 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Culclasure, Scott" <culclas@GUILFORD.K12.NC.US>
    Subject: Re: Looking for help with some songs

    The classical composer Alan Hovanhess wrote a symphony based on Mt. St.
    Helen's eruption. (He died earlier this year and is a quite accessible
    composer.) Thinking of songwriting--would looking for songs from an earlier
    age, when songwriting was more common--be helpful? I was thinking of the
    earlier San Francisco earthquake and the Galveston hurricane. Perhaps the AM
    collections on folksongs would be helpful.

    SCOTT CULCLASURE
    High Point Central High School
    High Point, NC