Re: Let's help the Newbies....

From: Lisa Von Drasek (lisav@BNKST.EDU)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 10:30:01 EDT

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: Lisa Von Drasek <lisav@BNKST.EDU>
    Subject: Re: Let's help the Newbies....

    1. If I could do it again...
    I would be more flexible about our lesson. Instead of trying to find AM =
    stuff and shoehorn it into our plan, we could have been more relaxed and =
    know that if we looked at our curriculum, we would have discovered =
    resources that would have worked just as well in a different plan.

    2. Tales from the Institute....
    Well, the big discovery at AM was that I was a morning person, up at 6 am, =
    to the gym, anxious to get to work. My partner was a night person, =
    somewhere after dinner a second wind would strike and those creative =
    juices would be flowing. I would try valiantly to keep up, yawning all =
    the way.

    By the way- in doors in DC it is freezing. Bring a sweater!!

    3. Wishes for success....
    Easy does it. Everything does not have to be accomplished in one week. =
    Enjoy the company.

    Lisa=20
    Class of '99

    --
    Leni Donlan
    Library of Congress

    Lisa Von Drasek Children's Librarian Bank Street College of Education 610 West 112th St NY NY 10025

    lisav@bnkst.edu