Re: favorite photos

From: Elizabeth L. Brown (ebro@loc.gov)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 14:41:36 EDT

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Elizabeth L. Brown" <ebro@LOC.GOV>
    Subject: Re: favorite photos

    Please forgive me; my list could go on for days.

    How about the "spirit" photograph of Houdini and the ghost of Abraham Lincoln?
    The American Variety Stage: Vaudeville and Popular Entertainment, 1870-1920
    <http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/vshtml/vshome.html>

    Another pairing:
    Two sound recordings from American Variety Stage's browse list
    <http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/vshtml/vssnde.html> have corresponding sheet music in the collection "Historic American Sheet Music, 1850-1920" <http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/award97/ncdhtml/hasmhome.html>. Hint: different composers, same recording artist.

    Betty