Cotton Gin

From: Agnes Dunn (adunn@fls.infi.net)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 22:34:04 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Agnes Dunn <adunn@FLS.INFI.NET>
Subject: Cotton Gin

Dear Fellows:

I was conducting an inservice this afternoon for a group of sixth-grade
US history teachers. I printed copies of the inventions/ innovations
contained in the "What Is It?" lesson on the Learning Page and they were
identifiying the picture. The second image of the six is identified as
a cotton gin. One of my participants said that the image did not
reperesent the actual cotton gin. That the gin was probably in the
nearby building. I logged on and looked at the images before and after
this in the FSA collection. I can not tell anything from these
pictures. Is the picture of the gin itself? If it is not then I am not
sure it should be used in the way it is. What do you think?

Is there anyone out there who can answer this question? I have the other
half of this inservice on Thursday.

Agnes Dunn
Stafford, VA
AMF 1997