Still aglow

From: Micki Caskey (caskeym@ED.PDX.EDU)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 15:07:42 EDT

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Micki Caskey <caskeym@ED.PDX.EDU>
Subject: Still aglow

Dear Fellows,

Though I have been home for six days, I must say, that I am still
aglow from the phenomenal adventures and professional stimulation at
the American Memory Fellows Institute, the Library of Congress and in
the 'District'. Everyone I encounter, hears about this memorable,
colleagial experience.

Immediately upon my return, I had the opportunity to share the
American Memory collections with a cadre of social studies teachers
as part of a three day institute (July 26-28). One of my topics,
Using Technology in the Social Sciences, was a perfect opportunity to
showcase the exemplary work of the Library or Congress, National
Digital Library, the CCT facilitators and the American Memory
fellows. Naturally, the teachers were excited and want a hands-on
workshop so that they can incorporate the collections into their
instructional programs. I can hardly believe my good fortune. My
work this summer is a PERFECT match for my work this next year.

Til later...
Micki
Micki M. Caskey, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor