Re: Still aglow

From: Marta Brooks (marta@BIGSKY.NET)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 18:50:43 EDT

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Marta Brooks <marta@BIGSKY.NET>
Subject: Re: Still aglow

Mickey: I am a 1998 Fellow and this year I have joined the Mike Mansfield
Center to do some work on their proposed Digital Resource Library related
to American Wars in Asia. Could you share a bit of what you do in terms of
tech curriculum with high school teachers? We're applying for an HEH
Schools for the Milennium Grant and I'm trying to decide if a teacher
training in a district is best or is it better to focus on school reform in
one school. This probably sounds a bit vague, but I would love the
opportunity to know what you shared with social studies teachers. Was it
the collections only? How do you prepare them for the technology if they
aren't familiar? Thanks, Marta Brooks