Re: What gives? Classroom Connect

From: melody pinkston (mcmaz@primenet.com)
Date: Sat Apr 03 1999 - 14:35:39 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: melody pinkston <mcmaz@PRIMENET.COM>
Subject: Re: What gives? Classroom Connect

Christine Fricke DHS wrote:

> Susan has a great point about Internet access and using American
> Memory. Even in my building, which has great access and a classroom
> computer lab for teaching, there have been times when the Internet is
> down

I too saw the Classroom Connect materials and was quite surpised at the
price.Then yesterday, I received my "Civilization" magazine and found an
ad for "The Library of Congress: Eyes of the Nation." This is a CD-ROM
or DVD-ROM of American Memory material published jointly by the Library
of Congress and the History Channel - and it only costs $39.95. While I
don't know exactly what materials are included, I have ordered one - I
like being able to develop my own lesson plans and hope this will work
as a backup when the Internet is down.

Melody Pinkston