Re: What gives? Classroom Connect

From: Christine Fricke DHS (cfricke@DANVILLE.K12.VT.US)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 16:17:49 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Christine Fricke DHS <cfricke@DANVILLE.K12.VT.US>
Subject: Re: What gives? Classroom Connect

Susan has a great point about Internet access and using American
Memory. Even in my building, which has great access and a classroom
computer lab for teaching, there have been times when the Internet is
down and ...... there goes the lesson plan. American Memory started
out years ago in the evaluation phase as a stand-alone product. What
I liked about it then was the speed of access. I have had kids spend
a lot of time waiting for items to download when working on the
American Memory site. This is probably not a bad idea for some
schools.
Chris Fricke
Danville School