Re: What gives? Classroom Connect

From: Susan Veccia (svec@loc.gov)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 18:20:31 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Susan Veccia <svec@LOC.GOV>
Subject: Re: What gives? Classroom Connect

At 03:17 PM 3/25/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Simple: the site is so vast and so unknown to the outside world that any
>kind of native guide will sell.
>
>But then, that's the purpose of *our* projects, isn't it?

Rest assured, Classroom Connect is not selling LC-developed lesson plans.
The activity guides they will be developing will work with the *selected*
items they have chosen for their CD-ROMs.

I am sensing some concern that this CD-ROM project might not be up to the
standards you have come to expect from the Library of Congress. I think
you will actually be very pleased with the product. While I have not seen
the whole thing yet, I have been impressed with the knowledge and the
caliber of people tasked to this project.

Susan Veccia, Project Manager
Educational Services
National Digital Library Program
Library of Congress