Re: What gives? Classroom Connect

From: Susan Veccia (svec@loc.gov)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 18:09:36 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Susan Veccia <svec@LOC.GOV>
Subject: Re: What gives? Classroom Connect

At 03:19 PM 3/25/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>I think this project and others like it remind me that there's never one
>answer, never just one way. The more hands there are in disseminating
>these treasures, the better. The other thing this is making me realize is
>that we current and past Fellows (or at least me!) have strong attachments
>to American Memory, possibly bordering on feelings of the proprietary.
>It's almost embarrassing to admit.

Frances writes with the same special feeling that we at LC have about YOU.
When we see your names on OTHER programs, we think...hmmmfgh. That's OUR
fellow. All kidding aside, working with all of you over the last few years
has been one of the most rewarding things I have done. I feel the same way
about all you as I used to feel about "my" authors when I was editor of
MultiMedia Schools magazine. It is a real privilege to be in this thing
together! Not only is "more" merrier but more is also better!

Susan Veccia, Project Manager
Educational Services
National Digital Library Program
Library of Congress