Re: Checking In!

From: cooper middle schoool (kcms@IONET.NET)
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 12:43:34 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: cooper middle schoool <kcms@IONET.NET>
Subject: Re: Checking In!

What a wonderful project. I am most impressed by it and plan to share it
with some of our teachers. One of the topics reminded me of something I
just have to share with you. I work part time at a local community college
as ref. librarian on Sundays. Many of our patrons are students from the
area schools. One day a mother brought her son in to do research (due Mon.
of course). He told me his subject was the fox in the desert. After
showing him the animal encyclopedias, he said that wouldn't work. I asked
him if his fox was known by another name. His reply--the desert fox or
rommel. He could also do his report on the flying tiger. His mother and I
cracked up and I showed them material on WWII. Never a dull moment working
with kids. Sybil