Re: Search Our Site (not just the collections)

From: Kathleen Ferenz (kferenz@SFSU.EDU)
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 16:34:04 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Kathleen Ferenz <kferenz@SFSU.EDU>
Subject: Re: Search Our Site (not just the collections)

Betty
Actually, I want to thank you for helping understand the difference between
the Search our Site and the search engine at AM....as you know I'm in the
collections nearly daily with my project, teachers, and kids. Soooooo, at
first I thought I was crazy, and just ignored the Search our Site. I
suppose I didn't think to contact you.

Also, I was wondering if the site had some problems last week?I was
demonstrating the difference between searching from the AM main page and
at the collection page....but the AM search page was not working at on Wed
10/21, all yet the search from the collection level was. I guess the
question is, do I mention it to you?

Cheers,
Kath

*****************
Kathleen Ferenz

Instructor, San Francisco State University
Department of Instructional Technology
message: 415-338-1508
http://itec.sfsu.edu/faculty/kferenz.html

Project Director, Bay Area National Digital Library (BANDL)
c/o Bay Area School Reform Collaborative
voice mail: 415-241-2797
FAX: 415-241-2746
kferenz@wested.org
http://www.wested.org/basrc/bandl/