professional development

From: Margaret Lincoln (mlincoln@REMC12.K12.MI.US)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 22:03:05 EDT

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: Margaret Lincoln <mlincoln@REMC12.K12.MI.US>
    Subject: professional development
    Library of Congress and the Social Science Education Consortium. You will
    soon receive your first issue via email. We hope that you will find this
    to be a valuable publication, filled with tools and strategies for using
    American Memory effectively in the classroom.

    I am preparing an article for a future issue of the e-newsletter and would
    welcome your input. The article will focus on designing a professional
    development workshop that introduces teachers/librarians to American
    Memory. I would like to highlight examples where Fellows have even posted
    workshop agendas and handouts online. My American Memory colleague, Scott
    Durham and I have created such a website.

    Do you have similar materials that you would be willing to share with
    others? Please consider sending me either of the following:

    1. The URL of your online American Memory professional development
    pages.
    2. Your email address with a notation that you have non web-based
    professional development materials that you can make available to other
    Fellows upon request.

    Thank you very much for your help and input!

    Gigi Lincoln (American Memory Fellow 2000)
    Editorial Board LC/SSEC Newsletter
    Lakeview High School Library
    Battle Creek, Michigan