Presidential Genealogy website

From: Elizabeth L. Brown (ebro@loc.gov)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 11:47:40 EDT

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Elizabeth L. Brown" <ebro@LOC.GOV>
    Subject: Presidential Genealogy website

    Greetings.

    I just answered a reference question about President Bush's middle name. In the process I found this website and thought I'd share:

    Genealogy of the presidents of the USA
    <http://users.legacyfamilytree.com/USPresidents/index.htm>.

    Users click a president's picture and then click on names in family tree charts. FYI, (in case you forgot), George H.W. Bush's maternal grandfather's name was George Herbert Walker.

    Of course, a list of presidents is available <http://memory.loc.gov/learn/orientation/preslist.html> within the "people" pathfinder <http://memory.loc.gov/learn/orientation/people.html> on the Learning Page <http://memory.loc.gov/learn/>.

    Also, lots of good web links about Presidents are available via the Internet Public Library's POTUS: Presidents of the United States feature: <http://www.ipl.org/ref/POTUS/>.

    Betty