4th grade email geography project

From: Elizabeth L. Brown (ebro@loc.gov)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 13:44:15 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Elizabeth L. Brown" <ebro@LOC.GOV>
    Subject: 4th grade email geography project

    I received the following request on the Learning Page mailbox. I sent a note on behalf of the Library of Congress. Please feel free to also contribute to this 4th grade class's geography project by sending a message yourself.

    Betty

    ****

    Hello!

    We are in Mr. Street's 4th grade class at Newcastle
    Public School in Newcastle, Nebraska. Newcastle is
    a village with a population of approximately 270
    people in northeast Nebraska. In Social Studies we
    have been studying the states and capitals and
    decided to map an e-mail project.

    We are really curious to see where in the world our
    e-mail will travel by the Internet throughout the
    rest of the school year. We would like your
    help please!

    We ask that you do these two things:

    1) E-mail us and tell us your location so that we
    can plot it on our United States or World
    map.(city/town,state/province,country)

    2) Forward this letter to as many people as
    possible, even if they live in
    the same town as you.

    Thank you for any help you can give us!

    Our e-mail address is: newcastle_4th_grade@yahoo.com