Ca. book on Japanese immigrant

From: Judith K. Graves (jgrav@loc.gov)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 10:23:52 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Judith K. Graves" <jgrav@LOC.GOV>
    Subject: Ca. book on Japanese immigrant

    Hi All,
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    We have a book in the California As I Saw It collection about a Japanese
    immigrant who lived in California, then went back to Japan. A colleague
    here found it on two web sites that might give you easier access to the story:

    This site in Japan reformatted the book into four parts, with pictures:
     http://www.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/edu/lec/edmarx/meiji-america/Heco.htm

    The LYCOS Genealogy site repurposed the book to be a searchable database.
    This would be a help if you found something you liked while reading the
    book at the first URL, and wanted to find more without scanning the entire
    book.

    http://www.ancestry.lycos.com/search/rectype/inddbs/4235.htm

    Enjoy,
    Judy