Newbies!

From: jan king (taghms@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 08:14:38 EDT

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: jan king <taghms@HOTMAIL.COM>
    Subject: Newbies!

    Leni,

    Great idea! I would echo sentiments of others and add:

    1. Don't be intimidated by the technology! There is plenty of
    tech- support, so focus on the content of the lesson.

    2. Take a camera. This experience must be captured on film!

    3. Network with others from across the country. We gained great insight
    about our lesson from asking other educators at the institute.

    4. ENJOY! This is one of the greatest professional development
    opportunities in the world. Remember your enthusiasm, and take it back to
    your district for dissemination.

    Thanks!

    Jan King
    '99 Fellow from NC