Re: Visual legacy of racial violence

From: Monica R. Edinger (edinger@DALTON.ORG)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 11:19:47 EDT

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Monica R. Edinger" <edinger@DALTON.ORG>
    Subject: Re: Visual legacy of racial violence

    AMFELLOWS@loc.gov writes:
    >I thought this might be of interest to many of you. It's incredibly
    >disturbing -
    >
    >Frances

    Brent Staples wrote an editorial reflecting on the exhibit which is
    currently at the New York Historical Society in a recent New York Times (I
    think it was Sunday). He was unable to look at most of it. Just to warn
    you all. It was first in a New York gallery and there has been quite a
    bit of press about it. I've seen a couple of the postcards and do not wish
    to see any more. Staples too was unable to tolerate seeing much of it. If
    anyone else knows where to find his editorial I recommend it.

    Monica Edinger
    The Dalton School
    New York NY
    edinger@dalton.org