Re: 99 institute

From: cooper middle schoool (kcms@IONET.NET)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 22:37:06 EDT

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: cooper middle schoool <kcms@IONET.NET>
Subject: Re: 99 institute

I would first like to congratulate the 1999Fellows for being part of what
I'm sure you will consider a highlight of your professional career.
Here's some thoughts:
    1. Don't plan on doing much sightseeing after the day's sessions. Most
of the buildings close at 5. BUT a night trolly ride is wonderful. It
costs about $25.00 and takes you to many of the "major" monuments.
    2. Take time to meet some of your fellow teachers for an evening dip in
the hotel hot tub and/or pool. It's relaxing and a great place to visit.
    3. It's not the Olympics, but bring things from your state to share. I
forgot mine and really missed the opportunity to promote OK.
    4. Don't believe what your district tells you about being connected to
the Internet. I was told first of year, than Thanksgiving, then Feb. and
now we will be ready by THIS year! Not having a back-up plan really put us
behind with the "test drive" phase of our lesson. I intend to work with a
photography teacher from across the hall now.
    5. Realize that LOC will become a part of you forever!
BEST OF LUCK!!!!
Sybil Connolly