Re: problems in links

From: Carolyn Karis (ckari@URBANSCHOOL.ORG)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 13:12:31 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Carolyn Karis <ckari@URBANSCHOOL.ORG>
Subject: Re: problems in links

Ron,
How are you creating your web pages? If you are using a web editor, you
may have to look at the underlying code and check what is actually in the
A HREF="what is here"

Make sure that it is the true link. Your example suggests that your page
is picking up the address from your computer file (the pattern of your
finding the material to link on your computer (ergo the "C"-- your hard
drive) and not the true web address. This happened to me when I first
used Claris Home Page I had the same problem. I solved it by editing the
code and then learned how to enter true URLs.

Carolyn

Carolyn Karis
Urban School of San Francisco
1563 Page Street