CIA Kids Site

From: Elizabeth L. Brown (ebro@loc.gov)
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 11:24:43 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: "Elizabeth L. Brown" <ebro@LOC.GOV>
Subject: CIA Kids Site

Fellows,

Yes the CIA has a website for kids and someone out there thought to point
it out to me, so I'm passing it along to you.

<http://www.odci.gov/cia/ciakids/safe.html>

 From the site: "The CIA Internet home page for kids is in keeping with the
President's initiative to encourage children to use computers and to
explore the worlds of science, geography, government, and history as
offered in their schools."

Among other things, the site links to the online version of the World
Factbook, a classic reference work maintained by the CIA. It also includes
a reading list for kids interested in spies and other stuff you might find
interesting.

Betty

   Elizabeth L. Brown, Reference Librarian, etc.
   National Digital Library Program, LIBN/NDL/VC(1330)
   Library of Congress, Washington, DC 20540-1330
   ebro@loc.gov telephone: 202/707-2235

   Library of Congress American Memory Home Page:
   http://memory.loc.gov/