All students need strong social and emotional learning (SEL) skills and mental wellness to thrive. Yet COVID-19 and racial inequities are creating a new wave of stress, fear, and trauma for students, parents, and educators. While many districts provide limited SEL and/or mental health services, they often lack cohesive, districtwide systems of supports that promote their students’ social-emotional skills while addressing mental health needs.
Nationwide, the EDC Solutions Education & Wellbeing team supports districts in using data to design, strengthen, and sustain systems that promote students’ and educators’ SEL and mental wellness using research-informed and culturally responsive interventions. This work is part of EDC Solutions and the larger SEL and mental health services that EDC provides around the world.
EDC’s Education & Wellbeing experts work with districts to assess SEL and mental health system strengths, gaps, needs, and opportunities and develop ambitious and manageable action plans. Our experts provide the following services
- Rapid Assessment and Action Planning – Comprehensive consultation that addresses school districts’ SEL and mental health needs
- Multi-Tiered School Suicide Prevention – Consultation that guides education leaders in improving strategic planning and strengthening their approach to suicide prevention
- Educator Wellness – Training that provides adults—teachers, support staff, and leaders—with strategies to prioritize and support wellness individually and with peers
- SEL Adaptive Practice – Consultation that provides educators with strategies to integrate SEL into lesson plans and classroom routines across all content areas and grade levels
- SEL for Education Leaders, Systems & Communication – Consultation that supports leaders with prioritizing areas of SEL, improving policy, and communicating changes