EDC and the Coalition for Elementary Science
invite you to join us for the
Elementary Science Summit: Preparing K–5 for a STEM Future
8:30–3 p.m., November 30, 2018
Registration for the Summit has closed.
Let us know how to keep in touch with you.
Join EDC’s Coalition for Elementary Science for the Elementary Science Summit: Preparing K–5 for a STEM Future, to be held November 30 at EDC headquarters in Waltham, MA. The focus of the Summit is on helping elementary school-aged children realize their full potential as science learners and science literate citizens. Educators, school and district admininistrators, business leaders, parents, journalists, philanthropists, and others interested in this theme are invited to attend.
Beginning with New England, this summit will be the first in a series of regional meetings on elementary science education that EDC plans to convene. Participants will:
- Learn about the current state of science in New England's elementary schools
- Experience high-quality elementary science teaching
- Meet principals who have elevated science in their schools and sustained their students’ strong learning outcomes
- Create action plans they can pursue in their own communities to make elementary science a reality for all children
To learn more about this event, contact Abigail Jurist Levy.
Heidi Schweingruber, Director, Board on Science Education at the National Research Council
Erin Hashimoto-Martell, Director of STEM, Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Val Zanchuk, President, Graphicast, Inc.
Scott Sedberry, Strategic Alliance Director, Texas Instruments
Learn more about our featured speakers, event agenda, and area hotel accommodations.
- Margaret Carrera-Bly, Science Specialist, Vermont Agency of Education
- Patricia Fitzsimmons, Assistant Director, Standards and Assessment, Vermont Department of Education
- Barbara Hopkins, Science and Leadership Consultant, New England
- Tom Keller, EdD, Science Education/Systems Specialist, National
- Peter McLaren, Executive Director, Next Gen Education, LLC, Rhode Island
- Ronald Michaels, K–12 Science Consultant, Connecticut Department of Education
- Nicole Scola, Science Specialist, Massachusetts Department of Education
- Shari Templeton, Science & Technology Specialist, Maine Department of Education
About the Coalition for Elementary Science
An initiative of EDC, the Coalition for Elementary Science explores solutions and makes recommendations to chart a new path for science education for elementary students. For over 60 years, EDC’s comprehensive approach to achieving excellence in elementary science has included instructional design, professional development for teachers and leaders, research and evaluation, and systemic change-support initiatives.
Planning and Promotional Support