- Copyright: Permission to Use and Copy
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance Policy
- Support-Level Agreement
- External Links
- Children’s Online Privacy
- Photographic Content
All content on this website is copyrighted, ©1994-2014 by Education Development Center, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Education Development Center, Inc.
Subject to limitations detailed on a specific site, permission to copy and distribute documents and related graphics and photographs available from any EDC World Wide Web server is granted, provided that:
- the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies;
- use of documents and related graphics and photographs available from any EDC World Wide Web server is for non-commercial purposes only;
- documents or related graphics and photographs available from any EDC World Wide Web server are not modified in any way; and
- graphics or photographs available from any EDC World Wide Web server are not copied or distributed separately from accompanying text.
It is our policy to promptly respond to claims of copyright infringement. If you believe that an infringing copyrighted work is accessible on this Site, you may notify our registered copyright agent by sending the following information to the address listed below:
- The signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright. This signature can be physical or electronic.
- A statement that this person is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A statement that this person has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the complained-of manner is not authorized either by the copyright owner, by the owner’s agent, or by law.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site.
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
Please put “Notice of Infringement” in the subject line of all such notifications, and send the notification to: Christine Filosa, EDC Senior Attorney.
We will process and investigate all notices of alleged infringement as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
EDC is committed to providing 24-hour availability to our family of websites. We have implemented safeguards to notify us of server failures and other hardware problems that may interfere with your access to EDC websites. However, even with these safeguards in place, loss of connectivity can occur. As such, we cannot guarantee constant access to the EDC family of websites, and we cannot be responsible for lost or delayed requests, e-mail, or content.
If you experience a loss of connectivity to the EDC server, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDC’s websites contain links to external websites that do not fall under the edc.org domain. EDC is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such external sites.
As a service to our Web visitors, several EDC websites—including our corporate website at edc.org—provide online order forms for various products and services. Some of these sites collect visitors’ credit card information so that we can bill visitors for products and services they order. Visitors’ billing information remains within EDC, except as needed to fulfill the specific order. EDC does not share credit card information with any other organizations, and we have security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of credit card information or other personal data.
Education Development Center, Inc. (EDC) respects your privacy. Any personal information that you provide to EDC or any programs and projects of EDC through its websites will be used and safeguarded as described below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
How EDC Collects and Uses Information
1. Resale or disclosure of information to third parties
Some EDC websites maintain mailing list databases of personally identifiable information that users voluntarily supply (e.g., names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, and areas of interest). This information is used to inform those who have opted to receive news and information about our organization’s events or to pre-populate forms with your information.
EDC does not sell, rent, or lease any personal information collected through our sites. On occasion, we may share personal information with other organizations that have missions and activities similar to ours. A specific EDC project or program also may share personal information with other programs of EDC or with affiliated organizations.
If you do not want EDC to share your personal information, you can opt out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To change your personal information in our database, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
2. Use of “cookies”
Some EDC websites may use a feature called a “cookie” to assign a unique identification to your computer when you log in to the site. Cookies allow the website to recognize you as logged in. When you visit an EDC website, EDC may record information about your User ID, browser, and IP address in its website logs. EDC analyzes its website logs to constantly improve the value of the materials available on our sites. Any information collected is used to identify problems or improve our services and website content. EDC will not use “cookies” to retrieve personal information about you from your computer.
Some of our sites have Mail List archives associated with Majordomo, Webboard, or Lotus Notes lists that you may join. While most of EDC’s lists are limited to subscribers, we cannot control the behavior of subscribers to these lists and they may collect, copy, or distribute names of people who post messages or the contents even if the guidelines for participation in a particular list explicitly prohibits it. EDC cannot and does not warrant that information you post to any of its mail lists, message boards, online discussion services, or online course and seminar services will not be copied or distributed by other subscribers/participants.
3. Information from e-mail
If you choose to e-mail us and provide personally identifiable information about yourself, we will not use the information for any purpose other than to respond to your inquiry.
4. Surveys, forms and online questionnaires.
Some EDC websites or mail lists may post, either permanently or at various intervals, surveys used to collect information for evaluation purposes. Unless otherwise stated, this information is used to look at group trends, and there is no identification of individual respondents.
Access to Your Information
Upon request we provide site visitors with access to all information, including proprietary information, that we maintain about them. Users can access this information by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at email@example.com.
EDC recognizes that your privacy is important to you, and, therefore, we employ technical security measures designed to protect information from outside threats (e.g. “hacking”). However, EDC, its affiliates and our service providers do not represent, warrant or guarantee that personal information will be protected against unauthorized access, loss, misuse or alterations. EDC does not accept any liability for personal information submitted to us nor for your or third parties’ use or misuse of your personal information by others.
The vast majority of EDC websites are designed to reach an audience of adults—in most cases researchers, policymakers, and practitioners in the fields of health and education. A handful of EDC sites include pages and activities targeted at students under the age of 18. EDC has set up special procedures to protect the privacy of children who may be accessing sites on our server, participating in online discussions, or posting materials to one of our sites. EDC voluntarily complies with the provisions of the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
As required by COPPA, we do not:
- Collect student electronic mail addresses or parent contact information except for the purposes of seeking parental consent and notifying parents of their children’s involvement in one of our projects.
- Publish online postings, student work, or photographs of children under 13 without parental consent.
- Publish online postings, student work, or photographs of children under 18 without notifying parents of their children’s involvement in one of our projects.
- Collect or share with third parties personally identifiable offline contact information for children without parental notification.
EDC uses both original and stock photography in the preparation of our print and Web materials. Unless explicitly stated, no connection between any individual or entity pictured and any other organization or subject matter should be construed.