Distance Learning Lab Experience or Advice?

From: Michael Federspiel (federspm@mindnet.org)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 21:07:38 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: Michael Federspiel <federspm@MINDNET.ORG>
    Subject: Distance Learning Lab Experience or Advice?

    Hi Everyone!

    Our school district has received grants for new state-of-the-art distance
    learning labs in each of our high schools. I'm exploring ways our social
    studies classes can use these facilities and this new (to us) technology.
    We've been aggressive in web based social studies applications but are new to
    the possibilities of distance learning.

    Anyone out there have any advice or experiences or contacts that might help
    me/us as we plan for next year's use of these labs with 9-12 grade social
    studies students?

    Feel free to contact me via this list or privately.

    Many thanks!

    Mike Federspiel