Iditarod Pictures on AM

From: Gail G. Petri (gpetri@RHNET.ORG)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 11:48:13 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Gail G. Petri" <gpetri@RHNET.ORG>
    Subject: Iditarod Pictures on AM

    Hi there - Just 17 more days til the start of the Iditarod Race. Teachers
    in our school enjoy following the race and I found some great pictures of
    Anchorage and Nome at the start of the century and also some HABS pix of
    many of the check stations while searching the AM site. I just put up some
    links for our teachers at:
            http://www.rhnet.org/library_links.cfm?cat=4&onesubcat=75&subsub=224&category=Elementary%20Library%20Pages

    Iditarod Links for Kids

    Alaska’s Iditarod Sled Dog Race - An extensive Thinkquest Junior Iditarod
    site developed by kids!
            http://tqjunior.thinkquest.org/3796/
    Iditarod - A great collection of kid related Iditarod learning activities
    developed by a sixth grade class in North Dakota.
            http://205.198.55.6/iditarod/
    Iditarod 2001 - Westside Charter School travels to Alaska to witness the
    start of the Iditarod. Join them on their adventures through the
    activities and images of this web site.
            http://www.scoe.net/alaska/index.htm
    Iditarod 411 - The source for everything about the Iditarod and more!
    Make sure to check out the Education section!
            http://www.designperfect.com/iditarod/
    Iditarod Teachers’ Guide from Scholastic - Great activities here!
            http://teacher.scholastic.com/iditarod/tguide/index.htm
    Iditarod.com - The official Iditarod race site.
            http://www.iditarod.com
    Kids Iditarod 2000 - An excellent site from KTUU in Anchorage, Alaska.
            http://208.138.129.94/kidsiditarod/kidsiditarod.html
    Kidszone@dogsled.com - For students, teachers and parents who are using
    the Iditarod and other mushing events for learning and fun.
            http://www.dogsled.com/kidzone/index.html
    Sled dogs: An Alaskan Epic - A site related to the PBS Video.
            http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/sleddogs/

                    Enjoy - Gail Petri