digital scrapbook in progress

From: MaryJo Humphreys (MaryJo_Humphreys@ROUNDROCKISD.ORG)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 13:15:19 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: MaryJo Humphreys <MaryJo_Humphreys@ROUNDROCKISD.ORG>
    Subject: digital scrapbook in progress

    Hello from Daphne and Mary Jo,

    Time sure flies! We've been working hard here in Texas to promote the American
    Memory Collection. For our fall staff development we had the opportunity to
    present a workshop to elementary social studies teachers in our district. It
    went quite well, and we are appreciative of all the tools available at the AMF
    site.

    During the fall we've had the chance to share the many rich resources at the
    site with teachers on our campus. For example, our third grade teachers have
    used the pioneer and westward movement photos and journals in some of their
    lessons.

    Currently, we are excited about implementing the actual lesson that we developed
    last summer. Daphne has already introduced photos, songs, and movies to her
    students so that students can begin to understand and read primary sources. We
    are working towards the student creation of a first-person historical scrapbook
    based on figures from the Civil War era.

    We are planning for our next presentation which will be at the Texas Computer
    Education Association in February. The TCEA officials are very excited about our
    presentation and have doubled the sessions and the room capacity. This is more
    than a little threatening to the two of us.

    We will be very pleased when we can point you to our project online.

    Daphne Jordan
    Mary Jo Humphreys