2001 AMF institute

From: Judith K. Graves (jgrav@loc.gov)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 08:57:25 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Judith K. Graves" <jgrav@LOC.GOV>
    Subject: 2001 AMF institute

    Hi All,
    You are the first to know! The dates for the 2001 AMF institute are:

    Application on web site - Dec. 1
    Applications due - Feb. 26 (Monday)
    Fellows announced - Ap. 23 (week of)
    Orientation - June 4-29
    First in-town session - July 15-20
    Second in-town session - July 22-27

    FYI for all but 2000 Fellows:
    Last year we held the institute in the Learning Center - no more chilly
    hotel rooms (chilly Library instead!). To do this comfortably, we split
    the group in two, with elementary/middle in the first session and high
    school in the second. Having everything at the Library was great for all
    concerned. The hotel we used is around the corner from the Library and has
    recently completed renovation. Those who stayed there got a real taste of
    insider Washington. (Usually only Congressional visitors, lobbyists, and
    Library folk stay there.)

    So, please tell everyone who's interested. I'll have a press release ready
    when the web site is up. I'd like to request your help in forwarding that
    press release to professional listservs, associations, school districts,
    state and regional depts. of ed that I may not already have. If you know
    of a group that I should include on the distribution list, please reply
    offlist to jgrav@loc.gov.

    Many thanks,
    Judy

    Judith K. Graves