Dog and Pony

From: Mike Goldberg (mgoldber@BELL.K12.CA.US)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 18:40:25 EDT

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: Mike Goldberg <mgoldber@BELL.K12.CA.US>
    Subject: Dog and Pony

    Hi Y'all,
    See I did pick something up at the institute - y'all.
    Yesterday, Bonnie and I gave an hour and a half presentation of the
    AmMemCol to a large group of LA's finest, the Humanitas teachers' summer
    institute at USC. We used the new website simulator CD (pretending we were
    connected to the internet), a mac laptop and a video projector to show
    student and teacher use of the website (with one PwrPt demo as an intro).
    We pulled together a multimedia Depression/Dustbowl/Migrant presentation
    from the the website in real time before their very eyes and they all were
    left gasping for breath. We felt like foxes in the chicken coop. It took us
    a couple of days to organize and script the 'tricks' but in the 1-1/2 hour
    we mixed video, film, speeches, speech texts, recorded music, recorded
    music text, sheet music (printed out - found an 11x17 color printer in our
    print shop) thank you very much Karen, printed out broadsides, etc., etc.,
    etc! We're on again Monday for another 70 teachers. Once we get this
    polished up we're taking it to Broadway! How 'bout giving us something
    challenging to do Susan and Judy!
    Your servants,
    Bonnie and Bonnie's husband