NCSS

From: Monica R. Edinger (edinger@DALTON.ORG)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 07:53:30 EDT

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@SUN8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Monica R. Edinger" <edinger@DALTON.ORG>
    Subject: NCSS

    I'm going to be at the NCSS convention for the first time (as I usually go
    to NCTE which meets at the same time) and noticed that Dr. Billington is
    giving the keynote on Friday, November 17th. It made me wonder who else
    connected to AMF will also be at the convention. I'd love to meet up!

    I'll be doing a session, Seeking History: Teaching with Primary Sources in
    the Upper Elementary School, which will include American Memory.
    (Unfortunately, San Antonio is too far for me to bring students as I did
    when I presented at NCTE here in NYC last March. That was so much fun and
    I encourage you all to consider including students when doing
    presentations.) I also sheepishly admit that I'm presenting in order to
    bring attention to my primary sources book for Heinemann which will be out
    next month. They are putting the finishing touches on the accompanying CD
    even as I write. For more information go to
    http://www.heinemann.com/code/template.ghc?direct=search_titles&dw=view&book_id=1831

    So, please let me/us know if you will be at NCSS and if an AMF reunion is
    a possiblity!

    All the best,

    Monica (AMF97)

    PS I was visiting Kathy Isaacs (AMF99) last month and we went to the
    Library so I could see the Jefferson Library (very, very cool) and The
    Wizard of Oz exhibits. We were amused to discover it was the last day of
    the first session of this year's AMF institute. (Those signs directing
    Fellows to the luncheon were all over the place!) We ran into two Fellows
    still walking on air after their week and then dropped by to visit with
    LOC folks. It was fun to see the actual real life offices after all these
    years!

    Monica Edinger
    The Dalton School
    New York NY