Re: maps

From: Patricia Baron Carlson (PEBARON@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 17:47:38 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: Patricia Baron Carlson <PEBARON@AOL.COM>
    Subject: Re: maps

    Judy,

    Additional "Maps" collections sound great. Are there any maps of the
    industrial cities of the early 20th century? I was thinking of Pittsburgh,
    Chicago, Cleveland, ect. These would be interesting to explore in terms of
    manufacturing bases and their proximity to natural resources and
    transportation networks, as well as a link to immigrant settlement patterns.
    Just a thought. In addition, my students just used American Memory and were
    looking for political cartoons. I can't remember if there are any
    collections of that sort on line or if any collections exist. I imagine
    they're out there.

    Patricia Carlson
    Arlington, VA