'99 lessons

From: Judith K. Graves (jgrav@loc.gov)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 11:41:20 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Judith K. Graves" <jgrav@LOC.GOV>
    Subject: '99 lessons

    Hi '99 Fellows,

    We're starting to think about getting our website chock full of '99
    Fellows' lessons so our '00 Fellows will have the largest selection
    possible of models to give them inspiration and spur their creativity. I
    know that y'all are in the throes of trying to field test your lessons with
    your students. That's a huge task as it is - and I'm here to try to make
    the next step - getting your lesson online - as painless as possible.

    Would each team let me know by next week (Feb. 22) how you are doing and
    what kind of help you will need to get your lesson web-ready. It's not too
    early to think about all of this. With 25 teams to support, we want to get
    an idea of what we need to do to get these available for the summer.

    Remember, we are in a partnership to provide these materials to educators
    via our website. You need to tell us how we can work together to make
    these lessons available. I'd be happy to work with you to get it web-ready.

    Fantastic web skills were not part of the criteria to become a Fellow, and
    they are not needed to get the lesson online. We can provide the skills
    and talent to get the lessons through the next phase. The important thing
    is to have good models that speak to the participants of the institute.

    We can work via fax and email to get first a draft online in the test
    region of the LC website in May, then a polished version by June. (If your
    field test takes place during this time, let us know so we can accommodate
    your schedule.)

    Hope all is going well with everyone. I'm starting to get hungry for the
    sight of crocus and cherry blossoms.
    Judy
    Judith K. Graves
    Educational Services