History Day resources

From: Laura Wakefield (Laurawake@AOL.COM)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 11:08:11 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: Laura Wakefield <Laurawake@AOL.COM>
    Subject: History Day resources

    In a message dated 2/1/00 8:27:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, markham@DCA.NET
    writes:

    << I have a wonderful student who is doing her History Day project on
     Watergate. Y >>
    This interchange from Barbara made me realize that I had overlooked the
    possible resource exchange that the fellows might offer my students on this
    subject. I have students that are researching several subjects that other
    fellows may be able to help with information.
    The theme is Turning Points in History and the topics some of my students are
    working on are:
    The Little Rock Nine
    The Greensboro sit-in's
    Prayer in Public schools
    Television as a turning point in history
    Jackie Robinson
    The Great Depression
    If you know of some Internet site that would be helpful or know how to
    contact individuals that might be primary sources to interview about their
    topics please let me know.