Re: Thank you for Watergate on the Web

From: Judith K. Graves (jgrav@loc.gov)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 09:44:57 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Judith K. Graves" <jgrav@LOC.GOV>
    Subject: Re: Thank you for Watergate on the Web

    Thanks Barbara for the wonderful words. Thanks, too, to Betty Brown who
    posts all the American Memory updates.

    But we aren't the only ones who contribute. Together we are over 150
    strong, and our combined eyes and ears are what keeps this list a viable
    and valuable resource.

    Just to get everyone's excitement up - we've received our first application
    for the Y2000 program!!

    More news - the AMF website will move to our server with this year's
    institute. Stay tuned for its debut in early summer.

    A request for your input comes from the Geography and Map Division. They
    are developing their long-range plan for digitization and want to know:
    -what maps would be useful to you in your work?
    -what don't they have now that you'd like to see?
    -are there any services (such as their Places in the News) that would be
    useful to you?
    -what time frames/topics could you use that they either don't have/have a
    small amount of?

    I'll compile your answers and forward them to our NDL representative in the
    Maps Division.

    Thanks in advance,
    Judy