Re: Intel to help teachers tackle technology (fwd)

From: Judith K. Graves (jgrav@loc.gov)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 08:39:15 EST

    Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
    Poster: "Judith K. Graves" <jgrav@LOC.GOV>
    Subject: Re: Intel to help teachers tackle technology (fwd)

    Attention Fellows in California, Arizona, Oregon, and Texas,

    I saw the announcement below on a listserv and found the Intel website with
    contact information at
    http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/events/teach/supcos.htm. The contact
    people are all located in universities/school districts and email addresses
    are given. Couldn't find out more about the program on this site (it's for
    press releases), but email to the contact people might lead to something.....
    Judy

    At 06:46 AM 01/20/2000 -0800, you wrote:
    >>From the Arizona Republic.. -ac
    >
    >Intel to help teachers tackle technology
    >http://www.azcentral.com/news/0120intel.shtml
    >
    >"Hoping to make the Internet come alive in classrooms from Tempe to Tokyo,
    >Intel will spend $100 million to help teachers harness computer
    >technology. The three-year program announced Wednesday is being called
    >the largest such private industry effort to date. Intel points to a study
    >that says 80 percent of teachers nationwide don't feel comfortable
    >integrating computers into their lesson plans...."
    >
    ><snipped for copyright>

    Judith K. Graves
    Educational Services
    National Digital Library Program