Re: Re(2): ACE Booth Call for Good Buddies

From: Marilyn Cordova Swan (MSwan40469@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 22:06:44 EDT

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Marilyn Cordova Swan <MSwan40469@AOL.COM>
Subject: Re: Re(2): ACE Booth Call for Good Buddies

Monica,

I'm not a member of NCTE and so didn't realize its convention was in Denver
where I live. If you are going to be here, I would like to offer our guest
room to you as a place to stay although I suppose you already have
reservations elsewhere.

You have not heard much from me this year as I was diagosed with Hodgkins
Disease shortly after our trip to Washington the summer before last. My year
was spent trying to conserve my energy so I could make it through chemo and
radiation without missing too much school so I eliminated frills like e-mail
from my life and my partner Lanie Kohler did the communications with Judy and
Peter. I made it through the year and missed only the last three days of
school so I was happy about that. And Lanie Kohler and I managed to put
together a credible lesson on the Depression which you can see on the AM
website.

Anyhow, if you and other AM fellows would like to get together for a drink
somewhere, even my home, I would like it very much. I'm sure Lanie would be
up for it too.

Marilyn Swan