Re: ACE Booth Call for Good Buddies

From: Mr. George West (WestG@ASMS1X.DSC.K12.AR.US)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 17:09:44 EDT

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: "Mr. George West" <WestG@ASMS1X.DSC.K12.AR.US>
Subject: Re: ACE Booth Call for Good Buddies

Judy,

   The chairperson of our Humanities Dept and myself have submitted a
proposal for presenting at the conference. (I'll email you a copy
after I get interim grades done tomorrow.)
   You may recall that our ASMS "lesson" was an interdisciplinary,
year-long unit with spinoffs in our Junior Writing Lab. This year
we've added an essay unit in the Senior Writing Lab on family
narratives that builds on the local/personal history research the
Arkansas Memory Project started.
   This ties in with the theme of the conference...we think. More later.

George West

P.S. The Arkansas Memory Project is continuing this year. I'll send
an update on that, as well.