advice needed

From: Judith K. Graves (jgrav@loc.gov)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 10:07:56 EDT

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: "Judith K. Graves" <jgrav@LOC.GOV>
Subject: advice needed

Hi Fellows,

Welcome all Fellows to the start of a new school year. The 1999 Fellows
have been added. Soon they will be testing American Memory lessons in
their classes. They heard from you at the beginning of the institute
(remember my asking you what you'd like them to know?) and I hope they'll
hear from you during this school year as well.

We told the new Fellows that they'd be added to this list and that they
could bring comments, questions, queries, frustrations, compliments, etc.
to this list and that there were sympathetic, seasoned veterans who would
be supportive. They got a taste of this from the Fellows who came to DC to
help us with the institute. They know how wonderful y'all are.

So do I. I now call upon you for some advice. It's time to plan next
year's institute. We are going to do this at the Library in our new
state-of-the-art Learning Center (formerly the Visitors' Center). We have
a classroom with new machines and a videoconference area. The theater area
is as you remember it.

Two bits time about the Orientation:
1-What do you think you absolutely need to know before you come to our
institute?

2-How long do you think the orientation should be (in weeks)?

3-What should it cover?

4-When should it begin next year? (School begins/ends at different times
across the country. If you could be specific in your reply, it would help
us greatly.)

5-Two more bits time.... anything else you think would make the orientation
better?

Thanks for all your input on this. It will be extremely valuable in our
planning.
Judy
PS-Send replies directly to me at PS-Send replies directly to me at jgrav@loc.gov.

Judith K. Graves