oral history resource via serendipity

From: Elizabeth L. Brown (ebro@loc.gov)
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 12:45:54 EDT

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: "Elizabeth L. Brown" <ebro@LOC.GOV>
Subject: oral history resource via serendipity

Whoa, Look what I just found by accident:
 <http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/books/oral.htm>.

 _Oral History Techniques and Procedures_, written by Stephen E. Everett
and originally published by the Center of Military History, United States
Army, Washington, D.C., 1992.

(I was looking for the Army's Center of Military History for a referral.)

Now, I don't know how this guide compares to the guide posted by the
Library's American Folklife Center (AFC) <http://lcweb.loc.gov/folklife/>.
You can compare.

_Folklife and Fieldwork: A Layman's Introduction to Field Techniques _ is
online here: <http://lcweb.loc.gov/folklife/fieldwk.html>. By the way, AFC
has _A Teacher's Guide to Folklife Resources for K-12 Classrooms_ online
<http://lcweb.loc.gov/folklife/teachers.html>.

You'll find these AFC documents mentioned in the oral history lessons on
the Learning Page.

Later,

Betty

   Elizabeth L. Brown, Reference Librarian, etc.
   National Digital Library Program, LIBN/NDL/VC(1330)
   Library of Congress, Washington, DC 20540-1330
   ebro@loc.gov telephone: 202/707-2235

   Library of Congress American Memory Home Page:
   http://memory.loc.gov/