Re(2): Applying New Knowledge

From: Elizabeth Ridgeway (Eridgway@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 13:45:35 EDT

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Elizabeth Ridgeway <Eridgway@AOL.COM>
Subject: Re(2): Applying New Knowledge

Monica-

One of the things I think is great about your postings is how you learned
from the students. Too often, teachers are afraid to learn from their kids.
This is especially true in technology. Many times, teachers will avoid using
technology because they are uncomfortable knowing their students "get it"
more than they do. I know I felt this way a few years back. Then I realized
that I could get ahead by having a student teach me. It was a win-win
situation. I learned all sorts of new skills, and the student felt proud
that he taught the teacher. Learning certainly is a two way street.

Thanks, Monica, for sharing your great experience.

Elizabeth Ridgway