Re: What gives? Classroom Connect

From: melody pinkston (mcmaz@primenet.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 01:03:02 EDT

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: melody pinkston <mcmaz@PRIMENET.COM>
Subject: Re: What gives? Classroom Connect

I agree with both Frances and Susan. I think the point I was trying to
make is ... .well, like the "This Century" project going on at the
moment...there's the ABC segments a couple times a week, and there is
the History Channel tie-in next week, and there is the promotional CD
that had been mailed out earlier.
The sampler (aka coffee table edition) gives enough information to whet
one's interest to do more in-depth investigation. The "This Century" CD
has students asking questions and doing research on their own - because
the TV segment hasn't aired, or they missed it. And maybe these other
resources will do the same.
I figure (back to the thread) - whatever the method -it's getting people
to look at the American Memory site.

Melody