Re: Checking In!

From: Carolyn Karis (ckari@URBANSCHOOL.ORG)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 11:27:51 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Carolyn Karis <ckari@URBANSCHOOL.ORG>
Subject: Re: Checking In!

Hello all,
Deborah and I have been working away on the Grandparent Project. We are
heavily into the research papers on 20th century topics of choice chosen
from interests developed from the granparent/elder interviews. We have
some very interesting ones this time: suburbia, toys in the US and toys in
Mexico, conscientious objectors in WWI and WWII, horror films, Chevrolet
racing, women as pictured in ads of the 40s and 50s.

We have done some updating on the web pages but still have much to do in
that ares. The newest version is available at
http://www.urbanschool.org/library/20th/intro.html or through the CCL web
page. We appreciate any comments and suggestions. We know we need some
graphics to spice the pages. I'm learning PhotoShop at the moment to
accomplish that.

Carolyn Karis

Carolyn Karis
Urban School of San Francisco