Re: new AM home page

From: Ron Stoloff (rstoloff@MAIL.PHILA.K12.PA.US)
Date: Sun Feb 07 1999 - 21:45:53 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Ron Stoloff <rstoloff@MAIL.PHILA.K12.PA.US>
Subject: Re: new AM home page

At 08:40 AM 02/08/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>The AM page designer has this page for testing:
>
>http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/index2.html
>
>"In addition to moving the link to the top, it also has an additional
>JavaScript
>routine that automatically forwards to the home page if the browser has
>a version of JS that does not run the slide show. IE 3.0 has this
>problem. Users with pre-3.0 browsers will still be stuck without animation."
>-quote from the designer.
>
>Tell me if you think this might be better - or not.
>
>Judy,

Call me a curmudgen, clod or whatever....

I see the point of it billboarding all the collections and I like the
ability to see the captions of the frames but I'd appreciate a little more
information about what will happen if I hit the grid, itself. I was
wondering: will I go to info about the frame, the collection or what?

Ron Stoloff

If the gods had intended man to fly they wouldn't have given us railroads.