The Virginia Social Studies Conference

From: Agnes Dunn (adunn@fls.infi.net)
Date: Mon Nov 09 1998 - 14:26:52 EST

Sender: American Memory Fellows <AMFELLOWS@RS8.LOC.GOV>
Poster: Agnes Dunn <adunn@FLS.INFI.NET>
Subject: The Virginia Social Studies Conference

I attended the AMF session Helen Stephan and Charlotte Bruce presented
last Saturday at the Virginia Social Studies Educator's Conference.
They did a great job. The participants were very interested in the
lessons that are under construction. They were kind enough to let me
mention the lesson Eric and I have finally completed. Afterwards many of
the participants stayed to ask questions. I noticed that Helen and
Charlotte left nothing to chance. They had lap tops and two projection
devices.

Anytime I attend a session I hope to learn at least one new thing.
Helen and Charlotte pointed out to me the country studies which are on
the LOC Home Page. While I am very familiar with the AMF collection, I
was not aware of this resource.( I hope these were not part of the 1997
on-line inservice.) I will be sure to point these out to world history
and geography teachers. This ensures the LOC site has "something for
everone."

Agnes Dunn
Stafford County, Va.
adunn@fls.infi.net